Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Landscape

For this piece I based it off a landscape I had found on google maps of Islands in the pacific. At the start I placed dots of beige around the page to be the sandy islands, and then began to pace some blue around and let them lightly mix. Unfortunately, this didn't turn out well when it was left to dry and all the colours had mixed and spread everywhere. Although it didn't end up looking like I planned, some parts looked good on their own.
This close up in the work has lots of movement and strong lines where the light colours meet the dark. It also looks as if there is ocean and its waves can be seen.
This is another close up showing how the ink had dried over the page, looking similar to waves in the ocean.
I chose to show this close up because I really like the way th blue ink had spread out and joined from the top and the bottom, but then no other ink came in from the sides. The edges of the shape in the middle look like small root or rivers spreading out.
< >

No comments:

Post a Comment