Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Using Analogous Colour Scheme

This was one of my first attempts using an analogous colour scheme of cool colours, blues and greens. In this piece I used a technique were you let the ink bleed with the water, but then let it drip down the page and into other colours. This technique gives really good effects as the colours mix, but seem to layer.
I also used the blowing technique, which gave some flare to the piece, as it was a sharper look than the other more soft and organic shapes. I also worked back into this piece by using a black fine-liner pen so that I was able to outline shapes and bring them forward and also separate colours. I also used water pencils, this was to add more colour and can be seen in many parts of the work.
I really do this this piece of mine, because the colours really go well together, as they are all quite vibrant.
< >

No comments:

Post a Comment