Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

More Practice Using a Cool Colour Scheme

This was one of my next attempts using a cool colour scheme also. I was basing this work of the coast of Stradbroke Island.
I chose to do this landscape because I liked the movement seen in the currents going through the break. It was quite challenging to have the blue and sandy/white colours flowing together. However, I tried to make this using the inks and my attempt is shown above. I also worked back into this piece, using a fine-liner pen to outline certain lines that would bring them back into the foreground or into the background. This can help show layering and make lines or shapes more defined. These are some of the closeups into this work, that I thought were particularly beautiful.
< >

No comments:

Post a Comment